Active polymer film (APF) incorporates special compositions able to
emanate from the polymer matrix and to physically, chemically and bio-chemically
effects the adjacent objects. The corrosion-proof APF contains corrosion
inhibitors as a functional additive that liberates from the polymer matrix
following the mechanism of evaporation and syneresis.
There is lot of technical demand that should be control for production of
anti-corrosive APF. Heat seal property of polymer film, vaporizing activity of
inhibitor, waterproof and permeability ability of film
The basis of our technique for anti-corrosive active polymer films production is
extrusion with polymer hose blowing or coating the gel type of inhibitor
components on the film with special mixed adhesion. The methods of production
differ by the type of active components introduction into the film or the
economic decision making as following:
- Extrusion of polymer blends type
- Diffusive saturation type from the gaseous phase
- Solution of active liquid type.
- Solution of active component vapors type
- Modification of the nonplasticized hose type.
- Coating on the surface film with mixed inhibitor components.
It depends on customer’s economic decision that which type is more desirable
THE TECHNOLOGICAL BASIS
The technological basis of the studied group of APF is the polymer-solvent
system. It helps to meet the requirements imposed on the film, i.e., it should
be adequately strong, non-permeable, contain a certain amount of active
components with a high diffusive mobility and able to liberate from the film.
When a polyethylene (PE) and vacuum oil (VO) mixture is heated to a temperature
above the PE melting one, a colloidal solution is formed. At it’s cooling a
concentration of phase with a high VO content is observed on the PE spheroid
boundaries. This is followed by formation of the filled with VO communicating
pores in PE matrix. Dissolved in VO active components move along these original
channels. Stress in the matrix caused by disturbance of PE crystal lattice force
the liquid phase to squeeze through the film (syneresis)
SCOPE OF PROJECT
- Development of physic-mechanical property of anti-corrosive film and
technology of their processing in products.
- Establishment of corrosion test methods and performance of packing for
- Development of technological equipment for manufacture of anti-corrosive
- Optimization of inhibitor composition with chemical reaction.
- Manufacture of experimental party of products and realization of their
- Transmission of technology to the customer (include supervise on the
condition of demand and pay for preparation from customer)