|INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY OF METALS|
State scientific institution INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY OF METALS OF NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF BELARUS
The Institute was founded on October 6, 1970.
Main directions of scientific research work:
Physics of strength and wear-resistance, thermal physics and hydrodynamics of special types of castings, development of theoretical bases of control over the process of forming structure and properties of metals and alloys during their crystallization and solidification, creation of new cast materials, technological processes of receiving, processing and strengthening such materials
Technologies and equipment:- continuous horizontal casting;
- electroslag casting;
- continuous-iterative casting by freezing-up of wear resistant high-strength grey cast iron for piston and seal rings, for cylinder sleeves of turbocompressors and internal-combustion engines, and also another bodies of rotation;
- casting of white alloyed cast iron with high hardness, shock- and wear-resistance;
- continuous casting of chloride-copper belt for batteries activated by water;
- quenching solidification casting of silumins with inverted structure and improved mechanical and service characteristics;
- centrifugal casting of bimetallic ingots.
Achievements of the Institute are commended with the BSSR State Prize, the Order of the Labor Red Banner, two F.Skarina Medals, Medals of the USSR ENEA, Prize of NAS of Belarus and honorary titles: "Honored Man of Science and Industrial Arts of the BSSR", "Honoured Inventor of the Republic of Belarus, Academician. According to the achievements in year 2006 and 2008 the Institute is qualified as the winner (1st place) in the category of scientific institutions and introduced into the Republic Hall of Fame.
|Copyright © 2022 Institute Of Technology Of Metals Of National Academy Of Sciences Of Belarus|