The electroslag casting is based on an electroslag process of melting of a consumable electrode.
The electrode melts by heat released in the electroconductive slag when electrical current passes through.
A casting is crystallized in a thin rim of the slag skull.
As a result of the slow and strict unidirectional solidification of a small amount of liquid metal,
high chemical and structural homogeneity of metal is ensured.
Typical parts which can be produced by the electroslag casting method are the following:
blanks of stamp and cutting tools, blanks of large-sized gears, rings, pulleys, gear-wheels,
different forks, lugs, cases, journals, bimetallic blanks such as worm wheels,
rollers for rolling, and so on.
- Power supply;
- Water-cooled crystallizer;
- Slag tank;
- Slag skull;
- Molten metal pool;
- Bottom plate;
- Electrode moving mechanism.
|Electroslag casting plant
- Two-phase power supply 380V
- Secondary winding voltage 45 V, 55 V, 65 V, 75 V
- Secondary winding current 0-10 kA
- Power consumption 650 kW
- Weight of castings up to 300 kg
- Steel melting rate 1.5 kg / min